So today was one of those days when I wanted to eat something that was healthy, light (yet filling) on my tummy and something that wouldn't require too much of time in the kitchen. So after a lot of pondering I remembered I had a bunch of lettuce in the refrigerator. So what better than a good lettuce wrap. Grabbed all the veggies I could find in the refrigerator and some chicken breast. Cut the chicken breast into thin strips added some salt, pepper, lemon juice, red chili powder, minced ginger and cilantro paste. Roasted the veggies with some salt, pepper, olive oil and minced garlic and pan fried the chicken. Tossed and mixed everything and served warm over some lettuce leaves. Finally garnished with my favorite cubed avocados and drizzled with a bit of lemon juice. And my lunch was served. Yummm!!!
This is a super easy recipe that uses very less and basic ingredients yet tastes really good. Do give this recipe a try on days when you what something simple to eat or when you are not in a mood to cook anything elaborate. :)
Serves 1 to 2
For roasted vegetables:
You can use any veggies of your choice and chop or cut into cubes however you like it. They is no hard and fast rule as to how much or what should be the quantity of the veggies. This is what I did.
1/2 cup of zucchini chopped
4 - 5 portobello mushrooms chopped
5 - 6 grape tomatoes
1/2 cup of cubed green/yellow or red bell pepper
1/3 cup of cubed onions
1/2 an avocado for garnishing (optional)
Washed and cleaned lettuce leaves for serving
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 clove of garlic minced
1 - 2 tsp of olive oil
For the Chicken:
Around 1/2 - 3/4 cup of chicken breast sliced into strips
1 tbsp of cilantro paste
1 tsp of minced ginger
Salt, pepper and chili powder for seasoning.
1 tsp of lemon juice
Oil for roasting
Here you can also use any of your favorite chicken seasoning
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) In a bowl add the cilantro paste, ginger, salt, pepper, chili powder, lemon juice and mix well. To this add the chicken and mix thoroughly. Keep this aside and let the chicken sit in the marinade for 15- 20mins.
3) In an another bowl add olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic and mix it thoroughly. To this add the washed, cleaned and chopped veggies. Toss it nicely to coat the veggies with the seasoning.
4) Spread the veggies onto a baking sheet and bake the veggies at 450F for 15 to 20mins. Keep stirring the veggies in between for even cooking.
5) While the veggies are roasting in the oven, heat a pan with 1 - 2 tsp of oil. To the hot pan add the chicken and cook for 10- 12 mins or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
6) Mix the roasted veggies and chicken together. Serve warm on the lettuce leaves and garnish with a drizzle of lemon juice and chopped avocados.
And thatssss a wraaapppp :P