All natural homemade gram flour face pack

There was a time when i would try all possible creams, lotions and face packs available in the market to get that flawless looking skin. I also tried various night creams. Nothing seemed to work for me. And buying something expensive was out of the question. Why waste money when you don't see results, right? 
That is when i decided, enough is enough. Rather than looking for shiny little glossy bottles on the supermarket shelves (which is probably loaded with god knows what chemicals), why not just show your skin some love and go all natural? 

And so i decided not to run around anymore in supermarkets looking for the perfect face pack or cream, instead i just turned to my trusty kitchen cabinets :P. Now I have started using only homemade scrubs and face packs for my skin. Its natural, its safe and with some patience and religious use you will indeed see the results. I have been blessed with a pimple free face. The only problem I have is pigmentation and uneven tan (specifically on the forehead area). Even standing in the sun for 5 mins will leave my face heavily pigmented with uneven dark patches all over. 

So today I will be sharing my favorite go to face pack which helps in reducing pigmentation and also makes the skin look healthier. I am not in any way claiming that by using this face pack you will get a fair skin tone. Nope. I am totally happy with my skin tone (which is brown). Its the uneven pigmentation that makes it look all dull and unhealthy. 


You will need:
2 tbsp of gramflour/garbanzo bean flour
1 tbsp of yogurt
1/4 tsp of ambe halad powder/mango ginger/Turmeric powder
Water as needed

Method:

1) Mix all the ingredients with help of water. Add little water at a time to make a paste. 




2) With a brush or your fingers apply this paste on to your face (except the eye area) and neck. Any leftovers can be applied even on legs and arms.

3) Leave in on for 15 - 20 mins or until its all dry and starts feeling a little tight. 

4) To wash off, first wet your face and neck with lukewarm water. Massage your face in circular motion. Repeat until it all the pack comes off. 

5) Pat dry with a dry towel. 

Benefits:

Ambe Halad Powder/ Turmeric powder: Turmeric is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Turmeric is a spice widely used in Indian cuisines (gives a distinctive yellow color to the food and curries) and has been used as beauty product since ages. It helps fight signs of aging, wrinkles, pigmentation, pimples, blemishes and is also known to treat various other skin conditions.  

Gram flour/ Garbanzo bean flour: Gram flour is known to reduce pigmentation and tan. It is a really good cleanser and cleans clogged pores. It is also good for reducing oiliness of the skin. Good for reducing pimples and blemishes as well. 

Yogurt: Yogurt acts as a good moisturizer. It also helps in reducing pigmentation and skin discoloration. 

Apply this pack once or twice every week for a healthy looking skin.

I hope you all liked my first beauty related post. Looking forward to sharing more of my homemade skin care routine. 





Labels: , , , , , ,